Planner/Buyer – Los Angeles (Chatsworth)
The Sliding Door Company (TSDC) is widely respected throughout the design industry as the premier choice in the manufacturing and installation of high quality commercial and residential interior sliding doors (room dividers, sliding partitions, privacy walls, office cubicles, closet doors, and swing doors).
We are growing rapidly and looking to build our team with individuals who will represent us with that same high quality. We are currently searching for a Planner-Buyer to work at our Chatsworth headquarters.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Buying, planning, coordinating and monitoring inventory requirements using the MPR system
- Establish and maintain good relations with suppliers
- Communicate directly with supplier
- Place routine purchase orders, expedite and process returned goods
- Perform cycle counting and WIP verification programs to maintain stock accuracy
- Analyze and reconcile variances, determine root cause and solution
- Participates on product and project teams
- Plan for and facilitate change management (phase in/phase out) as well as new product /assembly into manufacturing
- Support supply chain goals and objectives
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Associates degree and/or equivalent experience in production planning and buying
- At least 2 years of manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Epicor desired but not required
This is a full-time position. A full benefits package is offered after three months of successful employment.