Location: Oakland, CA
The Sliding Door Company (TSDC) is widely respected throughout the design industry as the premier choice in the manufacturing and installation of high quality commercial and residential interior sliding glass options.
We are looking for a responsible leader to oversee our warehouse operations with experience in construction or remodeling.
- Consistent M-F work schedule
- Free Medical Insurance (Anthem Blue Cross)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Product training
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
Remote Warehouse Supervision (primary):
- Run warehouse operations
- Receive shipment deliveries from Corporate distribution center
- Organize and maintain inventory received
- Coordinate will-call’s
- Support all Installation Teams as needed
- Maintain Warehouse spare parts
Field Measurements (as needed):
- Conduct onsite measurements and gather all pertinent field information for orders placed.
- Complete all necessary forms and document with extreme detail
- Answer measurement related questions for the customer and advise them of any field conditions that need to be addressed prior to installation. i.e., Crown molding, cutting carpet, etc.
- Directs questions related to price, design or installation estimates to appropriate team
- Directs questions regarding design and /or product options to Sales team
- Submit photographs, final measurements, site details and any necessary drawings to sales team to accurately finalize orders.
- Offer technical support and advice to sales team regarding all measurements completed.
- Partner with sales team or installers for technical support if required
- Work using IPad, drop box and other electronic devices
- Collect all photos from measurements and attach to corresponding measurement forms
- Complete onsite service calls for customers with:
- Defective products
- Installation issues
- Onsite troubleshooting
- Small repair
- Collect detailed information from field during service calls and report
- Collect detailed information from installers regarding any installation issues and use information for future job
- 2-3 years of carpentry finishing/field measurement or remodeling experience
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong communication skills; written, verbal, drawings, and messages
- Proven organization skills; prioritize and organize tasks, efficiently and effectively
- Willingness to work variable work hours, adapt to schedule changes, & accept process changes
- Proven customer service skills
- Valid & clean driver’s license, clean background
- U.S. Citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.